Cozy, warm drinks are especially delicious during the winter months, and this sugar free, vegan Hot Chocolate is a yummy treat to have any time of the day!
While I used monk fruit to sweeten this vegan Hot Chocolate, you can use any sweetener you choose, simply sweeten to taste!tple Syrup, dates, coconut sugar, or Swerve are all great options. In addition, my absolute favorite plant milk to use for warm drinks is the Elmhurst Unsweetened Almond Milk because it makes the best milk froth of any plant milk that I have tried so far. I like to use one cup of plant milk and one cup of water in the recipe, but please make to your taste preference!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #gwynnieclemons.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 2 cups liquid (plant-based milk, water)
- 2 Tbsp Dutch cocoa powder (gluten free)
- 1.5 Tbsp granulated Lakanto monk fruit, or sweeten to taste
- 1 tsp smooth nut butter
- In a small saucepan on the stove or in a heat safe blender, warm up the plant milk or water, If you can set the temperature, warm it to 160 F, which is hot but right at drinkable. I like to use 1 cup water and 1 cup plant milk.
- If your blender is heat safe, add the remaining ingredients and blend for about 10 seconds. If you are using a saucepan, add the remaining ingredients and whisk until completely smooth. On the stovetop, the milk may not get as frothy as it does when blended on high, but the hot chocolate will still taste delciious!
- Pour and serve!
Please, only use doTERRA essential oils internally because they are the only essential oil company with Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade (CPTG) quality!