Easy Vegan Cheese Sauce is creamy, smooth, and super cheesy! In addition, it is gluten free, grain free, and packed with vegetables. This Vegan Cheese Sauce is ideal for making macaroni and cheese, nachos, pizza, and more, so make a batch and enjoy!
Jake and I can get two meals of macaroni and cheese from this recipe, three to four meals of nachos, and countless pizzas because this recipe makes four to five cups of Vegan Cheese Sauce! While the recipe calls for the veggies to be weighed in grams, this is not absolutely necessary. I do recommend weighing if you are not use to “eye-balling” the ingredient amounts, but ultimately, the recipe can be adjusted to your taste preferences! If the sauce is too thick, add more liquid, if it needs more cheesiness, add more nutritional yeast, etc.
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #gwynnieclemons.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 450g red or yellow potatoes, about 4 cups chopped
- 115g carrots, 2 medium carrots, or about 1 cup chopped
- 100g white onion, 1 small onion, ¾ cup chopped
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup water, broth from boiling the veggies, or plant milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional: 1-2 drops doTERRA Black Pepper essential oil
- In a large saucepan, cover the potatoes, carrots, and onion with water and gently boil 15-20 minutes until soft.
- Add all ingredients to a heat safe blender and blend until smooth. If you have a smaller blender, you will have to blend in two batches and then remix the sauce together. If you do not have a heat safe blender, cool the veggies before blending.
- Serve immediately as nachos, stir into pasta, or top a pizza before baking.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Please, only use doTERRA essential oils internally because they are the only essential oil company with Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade (CPTG) quality!