Do you love the combination of sweet and spicy? These Sweet Spicy Cashews are easy, quick, vegan and sugar free! This recipe is listed as sugar free, but if you would like to use regular maple syrup, go for it! Both the monk fruit and regular maple syrup versions are delicious.
Another great thing about this recipe is how easy it is to customize the spicy flavor! If you would like more heat, add black pepper or even a little cayenne powder.
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #gwynnieclemons.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 2 cups raw cashews
- ½ cup monk fruit maple syrup or regular maple syrup
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- optional: 1 drop doTERRA Black Pepper essential oil
- In a medium skillet, roast the cashews until they begin to brown.
- Spread parchment paper on the counter to spread the sweet spicy cashews after they have finished.
- Once the cashews have begun to brown, pour in the maple syrup, salt, and chili powder and keep stirring occasionally. In the next five minutes or so, the maple syrup liquid will begin to "cook out/evaporate out," coating the nuts.
- As the maple syrup starts to coat the nuts, stir constantly so that the sugar does not burn.
- After about five minutes, there should not be any liquid left in the pan. Spread the sweet spicy cashews on the parchment paper to cool. **Note: if using monkfruit maple syrup, the finished nuts will still be sticky, while regular maple syrup will not be sticky. Place the monkfruit coated nuts in a 350F oven for 2-3 minutes to dry out and get crunchy.
- Store in an airtight container.
Please, only use doTERRA essential oils internally because they are the only essential oil company with Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade (CPTG) quality!