This Sweet and Spicy Salad is my favorite salad to date because the sweet and spicy is such a delicious combination in a fresh and crunchy salad! The sweetness comes from the strawberries and red onions, and the spice comes from chili hummus and cilantro.
The creation of this salad was actually on accident because I was using up ingredients in the fridge, but it turned out to be such a wonderful accident! Here is my Chili Hummus recipe that I use as part of the salad dressing.
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #gwynnieclemons.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 1 head lettuce or kale, de-stemmed and chopped, 4-5 cups, enough for one large salad meal serving
- ¼ avocado
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ cup Chili Hummus (recipe on my blog)
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onions
- ½ cup sliced fresh strawberries
- optional: doTERRA Lemon, Basil, or Black Pepper essential oils
- Add the chopped greens and cilantro, hummus, balsamic vinegar, and avocado into a large salad bowl and massage the greens with the dressing until fully mixed into the greens.
- Next, top the salad with the red onions and strawberries and eat!
Please, only use doTERRA essential oils internally because they are the only essential oil company with Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade (CPTG) quality!