This fresh, summer Strawberry Basil Salad is the perfect light lunch or side salad for a summer dinner with friends! In addition, the recipe can easily be halved, doubled, or even tripled depending on how much Strawberry Basil Salad you want to make!
The strawberry basil combination, while it might sound weird to some, is a delicious combination of bitter and sweet. The deep herbal flavor of the fresh basil, perfectly complements the sharp, sweet taste of the strawberries! This unique ingredient combination can be found in desserts, beverages, sandwiches, and more, so give my Strawberry Basil Salad a try!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #gwynnieclemons.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 1 head lettuce, chopped for a salad
- 1 large avocado, pitted and diced
- 1 small cucumber, sliced and chopped
- ½ cup fresh minced parsley
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- optional: 1 drop doTERRA Basil essential oil
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl, gently toss to combine the ingredients, and serve!
Please, only use doTERRA essential oils internally because they are the only essential oil company with Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade (CPTG) quality!