Spicy Pumpkin Crackers are a delicious addition to cheeses, dips, guacamole, and more, and this recipe is gluten free, grain free, vegan, soy free, and corn free!
Due to the nuances of baking with grain free flours, after the dough has been mixed together, the dough needs to sit for at least five minutes to fully absorb the remaining liquid. This five minute rest is the difference between crispy and soft crackers, so do not skip this step!
Additionally, if you need to keep a strict grain free and gluten free diet, make sure to double check the chili powder that you use in the recipe because corn and wheat are common binders in chili powder.
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #gwynnieclemons.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 1 (15oz) can pumpkin puree
- ½ cup flax meal
- ½ tsp salt
- 2-3 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 cups unblanched almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- opyional: 1-2 drops doTERRA Black Pepper essential oil
- Preheat the oven to 450 F and prepare 3 large pieces of unbleached parchment paper for rolling the crackers.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree, flax meal, salt, and chili powder together,
- Next, stir in the almond flour, coconut flour, and baking powder. The dough will become very thick, but make sure all the flour has been fully mixed in.
- Let the dough sit for 5 min to absorb the liquid.
- Divide the dough into two portions, place each on one of the pieces of parchment paper.
- Cover one-half of the cracker dough with the third piece of parchment paper and roll the dough flat until about ¼ inch tall.
- Remove the parchment paper, score into crackers, slide the parchment paper with the crackers onto a baking pan, and place in the oven.
- Bake the crackers 10 minutes, flip and bake 5 min more.
- After 5 minutes, remove any crackers from the edges that are browning too much and bake 5 min more.
- While the first batch of crackers is baking, prepare the second batch of crackers and repeat the previous steps until all crackers have finished baking.
- Serve immediately or store in an air tight container.
- If crackers soften during storage, warm up 3-5 minutes before reserving.
Please, only use doTERRA essential oils internally because they are the only essential oil company with Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade (CPTG) quality!