Melt-in-your-mouth vegan, and gluten free Lemon Sugar Cookies are zesty, bright, and super flavorful. The strong lemon flavor comes from pure lemon juice and doTERRA Lemon essential oil, and for those who love lemon flavored desserts, these cookies will become a favorite!
In addition, this is a one bowl, one oven batch recipe that comes together quickly for a delicious dessert! I used a 1.5 Tbsp cookie scoop to divide the cookies, but you could also use two full-size spoons to make the cookies. I believe this recipe would also make great cookie bars, so if you give this a try, let me know!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #gwynnieclemons.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- ¼ cup tapioca starch
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup agave syrup
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- *optional: 40 drops doTERRA Lemon essential oil (most bakes out) or 1.5 tsp lemon flavoring extract
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- Next, add the wet ingredients, and using a silicone spatula, stir to fully combine. The dough will be very thick.
- Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes to an hour.
- While the dough is chilling, preheat the oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- When the dough has chilled, use a 1.5 Tbsp cookie scoop (or two spoons) scoop out the dough and place on the baking tray. The cookies do not rise or spread much during baking, so the shape the cookies go into the oven is the shape they will stay. Roll to smooth and then flatten as needed.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes, remove from the oven, and cool on a wire rack.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
Please, only use doTERRA essential oils internally because they are the only essential oil company with Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade (CPTG) quality!