If you are searching for an easy specialty coffee drink that is vegan and sugar free, this Hazel Mocha Latte is the answer because it uses Hazelnut milk for the latte and liquid stevia as the sweetener! This Hazel Mocha Latte is so good, that sometimes I fix myself two mugs a day!
While any hazelnut milk can be used in the recipe, I highly recommend Elmhurst Hazelnut milk because it forms the best milk froth out of any plant milk brand that I have tried. Furthermore, be careful selecting the Dutch Cocoa Powder to use in the recipe. Sometimes, the processing of the cocoa powder to make it “Dutch cocoa powder,” makes the cross-contamination of wheat and gluten into the cocoa powder highly probable. Please make sure to use a certified gluten free brand if you need a gluten free recipe! If you are looking for a safe brand, Gerbs has a great option available on Amazon.
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #gwynnieclemons.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- ½ cup brewed coffee
- 1.5 cups Elmhurst Hazelnut milk
- 1 Tbsp Dutch cocoa powder, gluten free
- 25-30 drops, or to taste, liquid stevia
- optional: doTERRA Copaiba essential oil
- In a small sauce pan, heat the coffee and hazelnut milk to desired drinking temperature.
- Transfer to a heat safe blender, add cocoa powder, stevia, and optional doTERRA Copaiba essential oil, and blend 30 seconds to 1 minute, until frothy.
- If you do not have a heat safe blender, blend all the ingredients and then pour into a small saucepan and heat to drinking temperature. The final result will not be as frothy.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Please, only use doTERRA essential oils internally because they are the only essential oil company with Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade (CPTG) quality!