Look no further for a delicious Grain Free Tortillas recipe! These Grain Free Tortillas only use four ingredients, and they can be made in fifteen minutes or less!
This recipe is super simple, which makes it an easy option for meals in a pinch, and the recipe can easily be halved, doubled, tripled, or quadrupled to make as many tortillas as needed! I recommend making more than you think that you will need because the Grain Free Tortillas are so yummy, and if the Grain Free Tortillas are not eaten at the first meal, they store well in the refrigerator and reheat easily.
Because I make tortillas every single week, I have found it simpler to invest in a tortilla press. However, tortillas can be made using a rolling pin or large bottle to roll the dough flat!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #shalomhomestead.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 1 cup cassava flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp avocado oil
- ½-3/4 cup warm water
- Preheat a large skillet to medium heat. On a range that lists values from "low" to "8," I set my stove top to "4."
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the cassava flour and the salt.
- Using a fork, mix the avocado oil into flour mixture until there are no more large chunks and the flour is evenly crumbly.
- Making sure to use warm water so that the oil does not harden, add the water 1 Tbsp at a time until the mixture forms a soft dough that can be shaped into a smooth ball.
- Divide the ball into four pieces and shape into four balls.
- Cover with a damp rag to keep moist while cooking other tortillas.
- Using a tortilla press or rolling with a rolling pin or large bottle between two pieces of parchment paper, take one of the tortilla balls, place between two pieces of parchment paper, and flatten into a circle.
- Take the top piece of parchment paper off and use the bottom piece of parchment paper to flip the tortilla into the pan.
- Peel the parchment piece off the tortilla.
- Cook on the first side for 1-2 minutes. If the tortilla is ready to flip, the tortilla will easily release from the pan.
- Cook on the second side for 1-2 minutes, depending on how crisp you would like the tortilla.
- When the tortilla is finished cooking, remove from the pan to a cooling rack.
- Repeat the previous steps until all tortillas are cooked.
- To keep the tortillas soft, stack between pieces of parchment paper. To keep the tortillas crispy, do not stack and leave to cool on cooling racks.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge.
- For reheating, warm in the oven or on the stove top.