Easy Pickled Red Onions are flavorful and zesty topping for many foods, and they are a beautiful pink color that will brighten up any dish! These Easy Pickled Red Onions are delicious in salads, hummus, sandwiches, wraps, and more.
While there are many different methods to “pickle” onions, this is my favorite way to prepare red onions because it takes less than five minutes of preparation and stays ready-to-eat in the fridge indefinitely!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #gwynnieclemons.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 3 medium red onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- Braggs apple cider vinegar to cover, about 1 cup
- Pack the thinly sliced red onions into 1-2 pint-size glass jars.
- Pour enough apple cider vinegar into the jars to cover the red onions slices.
- Cover with plastic or silicone lids (not metal!).
- Place in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks, until the onions are a translucent pink color.
- Top salads, hummus, wraps, sandwiches. and more with the finished Easy Pickled Red Onions!
- Store in the refrigerator until eaten!
- Tip: save the vinegar to use in salad dressings!