For those who are looking for an easy Classic Hummus recipe, give this recipe a try! Simple ingredients, quickly blended together make a creamy, rich Classic Hummus recipe!
Which team are you: “hoo-mus” or “huh-mus?” This question always makes me laugh! Toe-mato, tuh-mato, right? Having a good, go-to Classic Hummus recipe will provide you with a good hummus base recipe to start making your own flavors like my Chili Hummus or Peanut Butter Basil Hummus!
In addition, this recipe can be fully customized to taste preferences. Simply add more of less of each ingredient to create the flavor you enjoy! Some people prefer more lemon, while other people might like less garlic. The final result is up to you!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #gwynnieclemons.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 2 15oz cans Chickpeas, drained (about 3 cups cooked chickpeas)
- ½ cup tahini
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- ¾-1 cup water (your desired consistency)
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional: 1-2 drops doTERRA Lemon essential oil
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend smooth, stopping occasionally to stir or scrape down the sides of the blender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and add more water for a thinner hummus, less water for a thicker hummus.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Please, only use doTERRA essential oils internally because they are the only essential oil company with Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade (CPTG) quality!