Three ingredients and thirty minutes are all you need to make these delicious vegan and gluten free Chocolate Peanut Butter Marshmallows! If you love peanut butter and chocolate, these easy and quick Chocolate Peanut Butter Marshmallows are a great dessert for you!
I used vegan marshmallows in this recipe, here is a link to my favorite brand, but sometimes, the vegan marshmallows are too dry and do not melt easily. If this happens and it seems like the marshmallows are toasting instead of melting, add one Tablespoon of water to the hot marshmallows at a time until there is enough moisture. When the water is added, the hot marshmallows should instantly melt and become stir-able!
Also, in the recipe, I have given the option of adding doTERRA Copaiba essential oil because the flavor goes extremely well with anything chocolate peanut butter! However, if you do not have this essential oil, feel free to leave it out of the recipe or use a different doTERRA essential oil like cardamom or cinnamon.
If you are interested in learning about essential oils or purchasing essential oils, go through this link, where you can either email me for more information or purchase your doTERRA essential oils with the wholesale member discount of 25% off! I am a Wellness Advocate with doTERRA, which means that I educate people about essential oils and sell the essential oils, providing the ability for people to purchase products at 25% off.
When you buy through my link, this means that you will get the wholesale customer membership, access to all the resources available to my team, including a Facebook group and team educational website, and you will get a free wellness consult with me where we discuss your personal health goals and create a plan just for you! I am not sponsored by doTERRA, but I work with the company because I love and wholeheartedly believe in the quality of their essential oils!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #gwynclem.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 1 (10oz) package vegan marshmallows
- 1 (16oz) jar roasted peanut butter
- 1 (85%) vegan dark chocolate bar, ~100g
- *optional: 15-20 drops doTERRA Copaiba essential oil
- In a small saucepan, on the lowest possible setting, gently melt the dark chocolate.
- While the chocolate is melting, in a medium saucepan, melt the vegan marshmallows, stirring constantly. If the marshmallows do not melt and get very warm, almost toasty, add 1 Tbsp water as needed to re-hydrate the marshmallows. When the water is added to the heated marshmallows, the marshmallows should instantly melt.
- After the marshmallows have melted, stir in the peanut butter and optional doTERRA Copaiba essential oil and remove from the heat. The mixture should be very thick, like cookie dough.
- Using two spoons or a 1 tsp cookie scoop, divide the peanut butter mixture into balls and place on a large cookie sheet or plate that can fit in the refrigerator.
- Chill the peanut butter marshmallows for 10 minutes.
- Top the peanut butter marshmallows with the melted chocolate and chill in the refrigerator until the chocolate hardens.
- The Chocolate Peanut Butter Marshmallows are ready to serve as soon as the melted chocolate hardens!
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.