Salted Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites are decadent and rich, and perhaps, the best chocolate peanut butter recipe I have created to date!
In addition, these Salted Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites are vegan, gluten free, and grain free, and these Salted Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites use a low-glycemic coconut sugar and have nine grams of protein in each small square! Healthy and delicious, these Salted Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites will become a staple in your freezer as a quick dessert and snack!
Because this recipe goes into the freezer to harden before slicing, the easiest way I have found to slice the salted chocolate peanut butter bites slab into small squares is to do the following: score the top of the salted chocolate peanut butter bites slab with a cutting guideline and gently cut the slab with heated knives. If this is a new method for you, check out the one-minute mark of this video for an example!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #gwynclem.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 1 (16oz) jar roasted peanut butter
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup hemp hearts
- 100g Pascha 70% dark chocolate
- sea salt flakes for topping
- Line a regular bread loaf pan, or any other mold, with parchment paper to make it easier to remove the Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites for slicing.
- In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, salt, and hemp hearts.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture into the parchment lined mold, spread evenly, and place in the freezer to harden.
- Next, in a double boiler, slowly melt the chocolate.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the top of the peanut butter mixture, sprinkle with sea salt, and place the pan back into the freezer for at least one hour before slicing.
- To slice the frozen Chocolate Peanut Butter slab, run a large knife under hot water to heat the blade and slice the slab into desired size, smaller is better! Re-heat the knife as needed to slice the Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites.
- Store any remaining chocolate peanut butter bites in the freezer!