Easy, quick, and delicious, these Chocolate Chip Cookies are grain free, vegan, gluten free, and sugar free! In addition, they are packed with plant-based protein, which makes these cookies the perfect, subtly sweet snack and dessert.
Although I used a mix of almond butter and cashew butter in the recipe, any combination of nut butter will work in these cookies! I made a batch using macadamia butter and pistachio butter once that was incredible. Also, if you choose to use the Enjoy Life chocolate mini chips, the recipe will not be sugar free, but Lakanto, Lily’s, and Pascha are all chocolate brands that have sugar free chocolate chip options.
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #gwynnieclemons.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 1 cup cashew butter
- 1 cup almond butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Swerve granulated sugar
- ¼ cup Swerve unpacked brown sugar
- ¼ cup cassava flour
- optional: ¾ cup cacao nibs or Enjoy Life mini Chocolate Chips
- optional: 10 drops doTERRA Copaiba essential oil
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F, and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a a large bowl, cream together the cashew butter, almond butter, vanilla, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Also, if using, add the doTERRA Copaiba essential oil.
- Next, mix in the cassava flour.
- Finally, stir in the cacao nibs or chocolate chips.
- Using a 1.5 tsp cookie scoop, scoop the cookies onto the baking tray. The shape the cookies are when they go into the oven is the shape they will be when you pull them out, so flatten the balls to form a cookie shape. Also the cookies can be placed very close together because they will not spread while baking. If you have a large enough cookie tray, you might be able to bake all the cookies in one batch!
- Bake the cookies 10 minutes and remove the tray from the oven.
- Let the cookies cool 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack..
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.
Please, only use doTERRA essential oils internally because they are the only essential oil company with Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade (CPTG) quality!