An unusual yet delicious pairing, this low carb Cauliflower Rice Salad with Artichoke Sauce is filling enough to be the main course of a meal but would also be a perfect complimentary side dish! Ever since I created this recipe, I like to have the Cauliflower Rice Salad with Artichoke Sauce ready-to-serve in the refrigerator because it is just that good and can be an addition to any type of meal! The Cauliflower Rice Salad with Artichoke Sauce is a high fat-low carb recipe, but the recipe is also gluten free, grain free, and soy free!
Although the flavors may sound a bit odd at first glance, especially if you do not know if you like artichoke hearts, I can assure you that the red onion, cauliflower, and artichoke sauce ingredients compliment each other very well! However, if you prefer more salt, garlic, black pepper, mustard, or red onion, add ingredients to reach your desired taste!
Additionally, if raw cauliflower does not agree with your digestive system and cooked cauliflower would be better, cook the cauliflower and chill it in the refrigerator before making the cauliflower rice, and if a warm dish is preferred, heat the artichoke sauce before mixing in the cauliflower rice.
If you are interested in learning about essential oils or purchasing essential oils, go through this link, where you can either email me for more information or purchase your doTERRA essential oils with the wholesale member discount of 25% off! I am a wellness advocate with doTERRA, which means that I educate people about essential oils and sell the essential oils, providing the ability for people to purchase products at 25% off.
When you buy through my link, this means that you will get the wholesale customer membership, access to all the resources available to my team, including a Facebook group and team educational website, and you will get a free wellness consult with me where we discuss your personal health goals and create a plan just for you! I am not sponsored by doTERRA, but I work with the company because I love and wholeheartedly believe in the quality of their essential oils!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #gwynclem.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 1 large can artichoke hearts, drained
- ¼ cup flax oil (can substitute olive oil or avocado oil)
- 1.5 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1.5 tsp monk fruit maple syrup
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- *optional: 1-2 drops doTERRA Black Pepper essential oil
- 1 medium raw cauliflower, de-stemmed and chopped into florets
- 2 Tbsp + ¼ cup raw red onion, sliced
- 1 avocado, cubed
- ½ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- In a food processor, blend the artichoke hearts, oil, mustard, garlic, salt, black pepper, apple cider vinegar, and optional black pepper essential oil together until smooth.
- Pour the artichoke sauce into a large mixing bowl and do not worry with cleaning the food processor before the next step.
- Next, pulse the cauliflower and 2 tbsp red onion in the food processor until the cauliflower and onion are a rice-like texture and then spoon the mixture into the bowl with the artichoke sauce.
- Mix the sauce and the cauliflower rice together, put into a serving bowl or bowls, and top the bowl(s) with the remaining red onion slices, avocado, and fresh parsley.
- Serve immediately and store any leftovers in the refrigerator!