If you are looking for a quick and easy vegan burger recipe, this vegan and gluten free Beet Burger recipe will be perfect! The Beet Burgers come together quickly in a blender or food processor, they can be baked in a single large batch if done on a big baking tray, and they hold together well on a hamburger bun!
Occasionally, due to extra liquid in the lentils, larger beets, or too much onion, there is too much liquid in the burger mixture. If, after blending, the mixture appears too wet to hold together well as patties, a Tablespoon at a time of rolled oats can be pulsed into the mixture until it appears thick enough and dry enough to shape into burger patties.
In addition, if you choose to use doTERRA essential oils in the Beet Burgers, remember that a single drop of doTERRA goes a very long way as a flavoring agent. It is always best to start with less and test before adding more!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #gwynnieclemons.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 1.5 cups cooked lentils
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 2 medium raw beets
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 3 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- optional: 1-2 drops doTERRA Black Pepper, Turmeric, or Celery Seed essential oil
- Preheat the oven to 450 F and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a food processor or blender, pulse all of the ingredients until an even texture forms. The mixture should blended together enough so that the ingredients form an evenly mixed dough.
- Using a ¼ cup measuring cup for 16 small patties and a ½ measuring cup for 8 large patties, divide and scoop the mixture out onto the baking sheet.
- Using your hands, or I prefer to use a small silicone spatula, gently press the mixture together, smoothing the edges and flattening, so that well-formed patties are ready to bake.
- Once the Beet Burgers are shaped for baking, place the tray in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Flip the burgers and bake another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for meal prep or quick and easy meals.
- Can be stored in the freezer for longer.
Please, only use doTERRA essential oils internally because they are the only essential oil company with Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade (CPTG) quality!