Quick and easy, these vegan and gluten free Banana Bread Breakfast Cookies are made with ingredients that many people have in their pantries! Also, these Banana Bread Breakfast Cookies make great snacks, breakfasts, and desserts.
Due the the global events of the past few weeks and months, COVID19 if you read this post months from now, many of us are currently in our homes, doing our best to practice social distancing. So, I decided to start creating recipes that use ingredients most people will already have in their pantries. Oatmeal, nut butters, and bananas are common ingredients for most people, so give this recipe a try if you are looking for a fun way to change up a snack, breakfast, or dessert!
While I used certain ingredients in the recipe, I did my best to make suggestions about possible substitutions and mix-ins. I hope you feel free to make your own version of these Banana Bread Breakfast Cookies!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #gwynnieclemons.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 3 medium very ripe bananas, mashed (~1 cup)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Lakanto maple syrup, can substitute regular maple syrup
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ cup walnut butter, can substitute peanut, almond, or cashew butter
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 cups rolled oats, gluten free if needed
- optional: doTERRA 10 drops Copaiba essential oil
- optional: mix-ins like nuts, chocolate chips, and dried fruit
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F, and line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas.
- Next, mix in the vanilla, cinnamon, and maple syrup.
- Add the walnut butter, salt, and optional essential oil, and stir to combine.
- Finally, add the baking powder and rolled oats and the mix until fully combined. Mix-ins can be added here too.
- Using a ¼ cup to measure equal cookies, scoop the batter onto the baking sheet and gently shape the edges of each cookie. The cookies do not change shape while baking, so the shape the cookies go into the oven is the shape that they will come out.
- Bake the cookies 30 minutes, until golden brown on the edges.
- After baking, remove the cookies to a cooling rack and serve immediately or cool completely before storing in an airtight container in the fridge.
Please, only use doTERRA essential oils internally because they are the only essential oil company with Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade (CPTG) quality!