Tacos, burritos and nachos are not complete without refried beans, and this post provides an easy, quick method to make your own oil free and vegan Refried Beans! Additionally, this recipe can easily be customized by adding more water, oil, spices, and salt!
When making a Mexican themed meal, vegan Refried Beans are always included at my house. In fact, I often make Jake quesadillas using this vegan refried bean recipe and nutritional yeast. This recipe would be perfect to have with any Mexican dish like tacos, burritos, nachos, dips and more!
Also, if you are looking for an easy gluten free and vegan Tortilla recipe, I have one on the blog here!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #gwynnieclemons.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 1 can of pinto beans (1.75 cups cooked), drained or ¾ cup dried pinto beans cooked according to directions
- 2 Tbsp chili powder, gluten free if needed
- 1 Tbsp dried onion pieces
- ¼ tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- ¼-1/2 cup water to thin
- optional: 1 Tbsp avocado oil and 1 drop doTERRA Black Pepper essential oil
- Drain and rinse the canned beans or cook the dried beans.
- Next, add the beans, salt, chili powder, onion flakes, and starting with ¼ cup water to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Next add the bean mixture to a small sauce pan and add the avocado oil and essential oil if desired.
- Heat the bean mixture on medium-low until it begins to simmer.
- Turn the heat down to low/keep warm, and stir occasionally until ready to serve.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Please, only use doTERRA essential oils internally because they are the only essential oil company with Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade (CPTG) quality!