If you are in the mood for an Asian inspired dish, try this vegan Orange Tofu! In addition, pair the Vegan Orange Tofu with fluffy white rice and sauteed mixed veggies for a delicious lunch or dinner.
While real orange juice is used in the recipe, the maple syrup can be substituted with a sugar free version of maple syrup that sweetens with monk fruit. Also, coconut aminos can be used in place of soy sauce.
The best way to serve this recipe is with white basmati rice, prepared according to instructions, and a mix of sauteed veggies such as cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, and zucchini!
Due to the use of ground psyllium husk to thicken the sauce, if leftovers are stored in the refrigerator and then reheated, more water will need to be added to thin out the sauce because psyllium gets very thick when it is chilled. To thin out the orange sauce, gently heat on the stove and add 1 Tbsp water at a time until the desired consistency has been reached.
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #gwynnieclemons.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 1 package extra firm tofu, pressed to drain extra liquid
- ½ cup orange juice, pulp free
- ¼ cup coconut aminos, or soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp keto maple syrup or regular maple syrup
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1½ tsp ground psyllium powder
- optional: 1-2 drops doTERRA Wild Orange essential oils
- In the tofu has not already been pressed and drained, press the tofu. Use a tofu press or place the block of tofu between paper towels with a large weight on top like a casserole dish.
- If adding the vegan Orange Tofu to white rice and sauteed veggies, prepare the rice and veggies (or other meal ingredients) first because the vegan Orange Tofu comes together very quickly.
- In a large skillet combine all the sauce ingredients, whisk together and heat on medium low until the sauce begins to thicken, about 2-3 minutes.
- Chop the tofu to desired cube size and add to the sauce.
- Continue to heat 4-5 minutes more to heat the tofu and continue to thicken the sauce. Stir occasionally so that the sauce does not burn.
- If desired, stir the sauteed veggies into the sauce.
- Serve the Vegan Orange Tofu on top of fluffy white rice!
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Please, only use doTERRA essential oils internally because they are the only essential oil company with Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade (CPTG) quality!