Sometimes we all need a quick, delicious treat to make it through the day, and these vegan, gluten free Butterscotch Blondies are the perfect solution!
This Butterscotch Blondie recipe is ready to bake is ten minutes, and it is done baking in thirty minutes or less! So, even though you should wait for the Butterscotch Blondies to completely cool before slicing if you want a pretty and clean cut, these vegan, gluten free Butterscotch Blondies are incredible when they are warm from the oven, which means you only have to wait forty minutes to give these Butterscotch Blondies a taste!
Additionally, I know some people do not like nuts in their dessert, and usually, I am one of those people too, but do not leave the pecans out of these Butterscotch Blondies!
The pecans provide the subtle nuttiness that is in butterscotch flavoring, and when the pecans bake, they infuse a roasted nut flavor into the Butterscotch Blondies. Also, when the pecan pieces bake, if they are chopped finely enough, the pecans will soften while baking and there will not be any crunchiness left to annoy anyone!
Essentially, these vegan, gluten free Butterscotch Blondies are chocolate chip cookie bars on steriods. You’re welcome.
Now, go give this decadent, yummy recipe a try!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #shalomhomestead.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 1 stick Earth Balance vegan butter, softened
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp flaxmeal + ⅓ cup water (combined to thicken)
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- ¼ cup tapioca starch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips, I used Enjoy Life Foods brand
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F and lightly grease a square cake pan or line it with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flaxmeal and water and let sit to thicken.
- Next, in a large bowl, cream the softened butter and coconut sugar together using a fork until soft and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix again.
- Pour in the flaxmeal combination and mix with a spatula to thoroughly combine.
- Add ½ cup brown rice flour, the tapioca, and the salt and mix well.
- Then, mix in the remaining brown rice flour and stir again.
- Finally add in the chocolate chips and the pecans and mix well one last time.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan, smooth the top, and place in the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown on top and remove from the oven to a cooling rack when done.
- Let cool completely before slicing.
- Slice and serve!