This gluten free, vegan French Toast is a delicious breakfast option, especially when served with my vegan Tofu Scramble recipe!
In addition, this recipe is especially yummy with one drop of doTERRA Cinnamon Bark essential oil! So, if you have this essential oil, I highly recommend adding it to the vegan French Toast!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #shalomhomestead.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 4 medium slices of gluten free bread
- ¼ cup sweet rice flour
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ tsp ground psyllium husk
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup plantbased milk
- *optional: one drop doTERRA Cinnamon Bark essential oil
- Heat a non-stick medium skillet to medium-high heat.
- In a container large enough to dip your slices of bread into, whisk together all the ingredients for the vegan egg coating for the french toast.
- Dip each slice of bread on each side and place in the skillet browning each side.
- Serve immediately with tofu scramble, maple syrup, or fresh fruit!