Chocolate chip cookie dough balls are a cookie dough lover’s dream come true. If you love to eat cookie dough by the spoon, or when you make cookies, more of the dough is eaten raw than is actually baked, this recipe is for you! These chocolate chip cookie dough balls are vegan, gluten free, and oil free, and they can be made ahead of time and easily stored in the refrigerator or freezer for a quick, healthy snack to satisfy your sweet tooth cravings.
I love chocolate chip cookie dough. In fact, I prefer chocolate chip cookie dough over chocolate chip cookies! However, before I began eating vegan, one thing about eating raw cookie dough that always bothered me was knowing that I was eating raw eggs. No, I never became sick or even slightly nauseated because of the raw eggs that I ate, but I still did not like knowing that raw egg was in the cookie dough.
These chocolate chip cookie dough balls are the solution! They do not contain any egg, but they have all the yumminess of traditional chocolate chip cookie dough!
Whenever I make this recipe, I have a hard time not continually taking small pinches of the cookie dough while I am working…it is just irresistible! However, if you can make yourself wait until the cookie dough balls have spent at least twenty-four hours chilling in the refrigerator, the cookie dough balls will be even more delicious because the flavors will have meshed together.
Also, if you love to eat cookie dough with a spoon, you can simply mix up the cookie dough and store it in a glass container that you can pull out whenever the craving for cookie dough hits!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do! Now, I think I am going to head to the kitchen and make another batch…..
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #shalomhomestead.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 2 cups roasted and salted cashews
- 1 cup rolled oatmeal (gluten free if needed)
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted (about 12)
- 2 Tbsp raw almond butter
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- *1/4 cup mini vegan chocolate chips (I used the EnjoyLife brand)
- In a large food processor, pulse the cashews and the oats until they become a fine flour. Be careful not to over mix, which will cause the cashews to start turning into butter.
- Add in the pitted dates and continue processing until fully combines.
- Next, add in the almond butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract and process until the mixture sticks together and forms a dough that can easily be shaped and holds its shape.
- Then, gently pulse in the chocolate chips, but only until they are evenly mixed throughout the dough. If you over mix, the chocolate chips will melt.
- Using a Tbsp cookie scoop (or just your hands), scoop out the cookie dough and roll into balls.
- Store in the refrigerator or in the freezer.
The serving size and nutritional information are general estimates based upon the ingredient amounts.