The combination of cheese with herbs like garlic, oregano, and parsley has always been a favorite savory flavor of mine, so when I tried making a vegan boursin cheese, I knew I was onto something delicious! This vegan boursin cheese is creamy, cheesy, flavorful, and absolutely perfect on crackers or with veggies. Trust me, if you love boursin cheese, this vegan recipe will satisfy your craving!
In addition, if you have already made my basic cashew cheese recipe, then mixing up the vegan boursin cheese will take five minutes or less!
Once you have made the cheese and know how the flavors blend together, feel free to adjust the ingredients to your taste preferences! For example, I love nutritional yeast, garlic, and parsley in my vegan cheeses, so I add larger amounts. However, I like only a small amount of thyme, just enough to hint at the flavor and not become overpowering.
This vegan boursin can be 100% tailored to your taste preferences, so feel free to add other herbs like rosemary, marjoram, and basil!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #shalomhomestead.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 1 recipe of my basic cashew cheese (about 2 cups of cashew cheese)
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2-3 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried Greek oregano
- ½ tsp dried chives
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- After the basic cashew cheese has been made ( my recipe is linked in the post above), stir the cheese well to make sure that it is smooth.
- Measure out the remaining ingredients and mix them into the basic cashew cheese.
- Spoon the cheese into the desired mold* and smooth the top of the cheese.
- Cover the cheese with an air tight top, plastic wrap, etc and refrigerate at least four hours before serving.
- Refrigerate** any leftovers.
**While the cheese will stay good for up to four weeks, the longer the cheese is stored, the more developed the flavor will become. Freezing the cheese will stop the flavor from progressing further, so if you wish the cheese flavor to remain at a certain profile, simply freeze the cheese instead of refrigerate it.
The serving size and nutritional information are general estimates based upon the ingredient amounts.