Trying to up your protein intake with a protein powder supplement but quickly tire of thick, grainy protein shakes? Me too.
Soft, vegan, grain free, sugar free, and oil free vanilla cinnamon protein cookies to the rescue!
Using protein powder does not have to be a horrible experience, and ever since I learned that I can hide protein powder in baked goods, it is my method of choice when taking a protein powder supplement. Protein shakes just are not my jam, and really, who would not choose cookies over a grainy shake?!
These vanilla cinnamon protein cookies are sugar free, just the stevia in the protein powder, grain free because amaranth is a seed, and oil free because the cashew yogurt and applesauce provide moisture and binding without needing an oil. In addition, these cookies have four grams of protein per cookie, and they can be ready in twenty minutes or less!
Here is the link to vanilla pea protein powder that I am currently using. It is my vanilla favorite because the ingredients are clean and minimal. Give me four or five cookies to replace a protein shake any day!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #shalomhomestead.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 1 cup plain cashew yogurt
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup amaranth flour
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 scoops, about ½ cup vanilla pea protein powder
- Preheat the oven to 450˚F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the amaranth flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, chia seeds, and protein powder.
- In a large bowl, using a spatula, mix together the wet ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Using a Tablespoon cookie scoop (or two spoons like making drop cookies), scoop the dough into twelve balls spaced about two inches apart on the cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies ten to twelve minutes or until the center of the cookies are set and do not leave an imprint when touched with a finger,
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool one to two minutes on the cookie sheet and then let the cookies finish cooling on a cooling rack.
- Store any uneaten cookies in the refrigerator.