If you are looking for a flavorsome side dish or a base to a vegetable main course, this vegan, gluten free, and grain free Turmeric Parsley Quinoa might be just the recipe for you!
Creamy and rich due to the coconut oil, the Turmeric Parsley Quinoa is a fantastic side dish for individuals who are eating gluten free and grain free! The fresh parsley adds a pop of green to the dish, and the turmeric adds a beautiful orange or yellow hue to the quinoa. Feel free to prepare the dish as a main base to roasted veggies or as a side dish to support a thick veggie stew, top a salad, or fill a wrap!
Also, there is the option to use turmeric and black pepper doTERRA essential oils in this recipe to add an extra boost! However, if you do not have essential oils or if you want an even stronger flavor, feel free to use the substitutions provided for ground turmeric and black pepper.
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #shalomhomestead.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 1 cup sprouted quinoa
- 1.5 Tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- ¼ cup minced, fresh parsley
- 4-6 drop doTERRA turmeric essential oil
- 2 drops doTERRA black pepper essential oil
- *alternative to essential oils:
- 1.5 tsp ground turmeric powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Prepare the quinoa according to the package instructions.
- When the quinoa has finished cooking, cover and remove the pot from the heat to cool for about 30 minutes and absorb any extra liquid.
- In a small bowl, combine the essential oils and the coconut oil.
- Next, immediately before serving, stir in the fresh parsley and coconut oil and essential oil mixture.
- Serve immediately with roasted veggies, wraps, thick veggie stew, and so much more!
The serving size and nutritional information are general estimates based upon the ingredient amounts.