Bright yellow, smooth, and incredibly savory, this vegan, gluten free, grain free, and oil free Turmeric Hummus is delicious served with veggies, crackers, pita bread, and more! This Turmeric Hummus is also delicious on sandwiches, wraps, salads, and toast!
Additionally, one serving of Turmeric Hummus, which is about a one-fourth cup, contains ten grams of fiber and twelve grams of protein, so this Turmeric Hummus is a delicious, nutrient-dense snack or meal booster!
The recipe for this Turmeric Hummus has been widely requested, and I am so glad that I have had the opportunity to write this post because I love providing content you love! However, if this is your first time making turmeric hummus or if you have not used turmeric in your cooking much previously, I recommend starting with two tablespoons of turmeric and working up to four tablespoons as you remake the recipe because ground turmeric can be very bitter the first time you experience the flavor.
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #shalomhomestead.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 3 cups pressure-cooked chickpeas, rinsed or 2 (15oz) cans of chickpeas, drained
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, minced or 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 2-4 Tbsp ground turmeric
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup tahini
- ½ cup water + more to reach desired consistency
- salt to taste
- Add all ingredient to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Adjust salt to taste preference and add water if you prefer the hummus thinner!
- Spoon into a dish and serve with fresh veggies, crackers, pita, and more, or add to sandwiches, wraps, and salads!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week!