If you love traditional trail mix, these gluten free and vegan Trail Mix Bites are going to quickly become a favorite because they are simple to make, easy to store, and packed with protein!
I used a two tablespoon cookie scoop to divide the mixture into even sizes to roll into balls, but the mix can just as easily be pressed into a pan and cut into bars. I like the ease of being able to reach into my fridge and grab a quick bite, but if you want to make this recipe for hiking or a boost after a workout, you might prefer the bar option.
Additionally, I used cranberries, but these can be substituted for raisins; and I used tahini, but this can be substituted for peanut butter.
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #gwynnieclemons.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- ½ cup raw sunflower seeds
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup raw almonds, chopped
- ½ cup raw cashews chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup gluten free quick oats
- ½ cup tahini
- ½ cup brown rice syrup
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- optional: 2 drops doTERRA OnGuard or Copaiba essential oil
- In a medium bowl, stir together all the dry ingredients: nuts, seeds, cranberries, oats, and salt.
- Next, in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the tahini, brown rice syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract together until warm and creamy.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Pour the tahini mixture over the dry ingredients, and the optional doTERRA essential oils and stir until combined.
- Using a 2 Tbsp cookie scoop, divide the mixture into even portions.
- Roll into balls using your hands.
- Refrigerate to firm.
- Store leftovers in a airtight container in the refrigerator for an easy snack!
Please, only use doTERRA essential oils internally because they are the only essential oil company with Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade (CPTG) quality!