Perfectly crispy, oil free Thick-Cut Baby Potato Fries are a great way to add variety to how you cook your potatoes! These Thick-Cut Baby Potato Fries pair well with burgers, salads, dips, and more, and they are a hands-free recipe because all you have to do is slice and bake!
While a regular baking sheet can be used, the heavy-duty wire racks allow for an even bake all the way around the potato. This means that the potatoes cook faster, the final result is more crispy than regular baked fries, and there is no stirring of the fries needed! If you need a good, heavy-duty wire rack, I highly recommend this option, and I use mine for potatoes, vegetables, toast and more!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #gwynnieclemons.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 1 pound baby potatoes
- optional: oil spritz, salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 F and prepare two small or one large oven-safe baking rack. A regular baking sheet may be used, but to get the full-circle, even baking that creates the perfect puffed French fry, the heavy-duty wire rack is preferred.
- Depending upon the size of the baby potatoes and desired size of the fries, slice in half or quarter each potato.
- Place each potato piece on the wire rack , if using add oil, salt, and pepper, and place in the oven to bake 30-45 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, check the fries for even baking and rotate the wire racks if needed.
- When the Thick-Cut Baby Potato Fries are done baking, remove from the oven and serve immediately.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.