If you love s’mores, these Vegan and Gluten Free S’Mores Cookies will quickly become a favorite, especially during the holidays!
Soft, melt-in-your-mouth marshmallows and thick chunks of semi-sweet chocolate surrounded by cookie dough that is reminiscent of Chips Ahoy cookies, makes the perfect combination of s’mores ingredients packed into a cookie form! These vegan and gluten free S’Mores Cookies are perfect for cookie swaps, holiday dinners, homemade gift packages, and more!
Pro tip: if you want an ever better s’mores experience, gently warm your S’Mores Cookies in the oven on a very low heat for just a few minutes!
However, if you would rather a plain chocolate chip cookie recipe, check out my vegan and gluten free Classic Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #shalomhomestead.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 1 stick or ½ cup vegan Earth Balance butter, softened
- ¼ cup cane sugar
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 1.5 cups + 2 Tbsp brown rice flour
- 1.5 tsp arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 package Dandies mini vanilla marshmallows
- In a large bowl, cream the softened butter, coconut sugar, cane sugar, and vanilla extract together.
- Add the applesauce and mix again.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown rice flour, arrowroot powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine the flour mixture with the sugar mixture and stir until fully combined.
- Next, add the chocolate chips and stir again.
- Last, add the marshmallows, making sure they are not clumped together, and stir again.
- Cover the bowl and chill in the refrigerator 1 hour* or overnight.
- After one hour or whenever you are ready to bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 350˚F and prepare a baking sheet.
- Using a 1.5 Tbsp cookie scoop, place the cookie dough balls about two inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Before baking the cookies, firmly press together the scooped cookie dough into tighter balls to remove any air pockets and then gently flatten into a cookie shape. The cookie dough itself does not spread very much while baking, but the marshmallows have a mind of their own.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes or until the edges look slightly golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for five minutes before removing the cookies to a cooling rack.
- Repeat the previous step until all cookies are baked!
- Store any leftover cookies in a breadbox or airtight container.
The serving size and nutritional information are general estimates based upon the ingredient amounts.