Sauteed Cabbage Onion Salad is a great vegetable side dish to cook during colder weather because it uses seasonal vegetables and is served warm from the stove! During fall and winter months, eating cold salads can be unappetizing due to the veggies being raw and harder to digest but cooked veggies can make a huge difference!
Basically, this recipe is a gigantic cabbage stir-fry, so feel free to customize the recipe and add any additional spices and veggies that you would like! At the very end of the recipe, when the cabbage onion salad is ready to serve, I like to stir in two drops of doTERRA Black Pepper essential oil because it infuses a spiciness into the cabbage. If you like to cook with doTERRA essential oils, experiment with Ginger, Celery Seed, Fennel, Thyme, Rosemary, and Turmeric essential oils!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #gwynnieclemons.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 1 whole cabbage, cored and finely sliced
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 1-2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup hemp hearts
- salt to taste
- optional: 1-2 drops doTERRA Black Pepper essential oil
- In a large skillet or wok , add the sliced cabbage and onion with the extra virgin olive oil.
- Sauteed on medium-high heat for 15-20 minutes, until the cabbage and onions are translucent and beginning to brown.
- Add salt to taste.
- Remove from heat, and if using essential oils, quickly stir into the salad mixture.
- Spoon the cabbage and onion salad into a serving bowl, and sprinkle the top with the hemp hearts.
- Serve immediately!
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator. This recipe is also good cold from the refrigerator.
Please, only use doTERRA essential oils internally because they are the only essential oil company with Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade (CPTG) quality!