Creamy, homemade, raw peanut butter is a peanut butter lover’s dream come true because so much delicious peanut buttery goodness is packed into every spoonful! Trust me, one you start making your own raw peanut butter, you will not want to go back to a store-bought version. Ever.
This post will teach you how to make your own peanut butter from home that is free from added sugars, salt, oil, and other fillers that might be present in the store-bought versions.
Overall, this entire process should take less than thirty minutes, unless you need to stop for longer periods of time to let your food processor cool down. I usually stop and scrape down the sides every five minutes, and I am pretty consistently done with all processing at the twenty-three minute mark. However, all food processors are different, so please pay attention to your machine and give it a break if it is needed!
When I first started making my own nut butters, I had a hard time understanding what the process would be like and how to know when the nut butter was finished. So, I took pictures at five, ten, fifteen, twenty, and twenty-three minutes to show how the peanuts transitioned into peanut butter. Also, never be afraid of over-processing your peanut butter because I do not think that is possible! However, it is possibility to stop too soon before the butter makes the final step into a smooth, creamy sauce. Please see the difference between the twenty minute picture and the twenty-three minute picture in order to see an example! At the twenty minute mark, the peanut butter is almost done, but it is still a bit thick and pasty, but at the twenty-three minute mark, the peanut butter looks like it has melted and it is super runny.
Twenty-three Minutes and Done!!
Now go make my peanut butter cookies, eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, or smear this peanut butter on some celery and relish the amazing taste!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #shalomhomestead.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 3 cups raw, shelled peanuts
- In a large food processor, blend the peanuts until completely smooth and creamy. Stopping to scrape down the sides and top as needed. The entire process should take between 23-25 minutes of processing time.
- NOTE: If you stop too soon, the peanut butter will not be as creamy, thin, and smooth as it should be when it is finished. Please see the pictures listed in the post to see the difference between 20 minutes and 23 minutes.
- Remember! You cannot over process the butter, so best to go too long than stop too soon!
- Pour the peanut butter into a jar with an air tight lid and store long-term in the refrigerator or short-term in the cabinet.