Crunchy, sweet, nutty, and cold, these Raw Maple Tahini Bars are a refreshing summer treat! Additionally, these Raw Maple Tahini Bars are grain free, vegan, oil free, gluten free, and nut free.
In Mississippi, where I live, the weather has been crazy hot the past few weeks, and the temperature has even been reaching record highs! So, when the heat is in the upper nineties with one hundred-plus heat indexes, cold desserts have been an absolute requirement.
These Raw Maple Tahini Bars are quick and easy to mix up, and they only use one bowl and seven ingredients! In five minutes, these Raw Maple Tahini Bars can be hardening up in the freezer, and depending on how cold your freezer is set, the Raw Maple Tahini Bars will be ready in about one hour.
Although I think the Raw Maple Tahini Bars would remain hard in the refrigerator after their initial freezing, I would recommend storing the Raw Maple Tahini Bars in an airtight container in the freezer for maximum cold.
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #shalomhomestead.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- ½ cup cashew or coconut yogurt
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups Kasha groats (roasted buckwheat groats)
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or use a silicone loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the yogurt, tahini, and maple syrup.
- Then, mix in the salt, vanilla extract, and the cinnamon.
- Last, mix in the Kasha groats ½ cup at a time.
- Spoon the mixture in to the loaf pan and smooth the top.
- Freeze until solid and then slice!
- Store in the freezer.