Peanut Butter Brownies are an incredibly delicious version of the traditional chocolate brownie, and this recipe is also vegan, gluten free, oil free, and can be made sugar free! If you love peanut peanut butter and chocolate, you will love this recipe!
Even though the chocolate chips sprinkled on top of the brownies are optional, I highly recommend having the chocolate chips on your brownies because melted chocolate chips turn these Peanut Butter Brownies into gooey chocolate peanut butter goodness. Also, the addition of doTERRA Copaiba essential oil is optional too, but Copaiba blends perfectly into the peanut butter chocolate, which means that the taste hides completely! Adding the essential oil to the batter is an easy way to get more Copaiba into your body, so that the body can reap the benefits of using Copaiba internally.
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #gwynnieclemons.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup Swerve granulated sugar (can substitute regular sugar)
- ½ cup flax meal
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup plantbased milk
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ¾ cup brown rice flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- optional: EnjoyLofe chocolate chips sprinkled on top of the brownies
- optional: 5-10 drops doTERRA Copaiba essential oil in the batter
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F, and prepare and 8"x8" baking dish by lining with parchment or greasing with coconut oil. I used a square glass casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, sugar, vanilla, salt, cacao, flax meal, milk, and optional doTERRA Copaiba essential oil.
- Next, using a rubber spatula, stir in the brown rice flour and baking soda until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish, smooth the top, sprinkle with chocolate chips,and place in the oven to bake for 40-45 minutes. If you are using a metal baking dish, decrease the baking time to 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool before slicing.
- Store leftovers in a breadbox or an airtight container for 3-4 days.
Please, only use doTERRA essential oils internally because they are the only essential oil company with Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade (CPTG) quality!