Creamy, savory, peanut butter basil hummus is my new favorite hummus flavor, and if you have never tried the peanut butter basil combination, you need to make this peanut butter basil hummus recipe as soon as possible! It is so good.
The classic peanut butter taste blends perfectly with the fresh, savory basil, and I mean perfectly. Both flavors combine to form a new taste profile that is perfect on sandwiches, wraps, fresh veggies, or Buddha bowls.
Although I am sure dried basil and parsley will work fine in this recipe, to experience the full impact of this delicious peanut butter basil hummus, I definitely recommend using fresh herbs if you can find them. However, if you are using dried herbs, use half of the amount listed for the fresh herbs because the dried herbs take up less space in the measuring utensils. For example, if one Tablespoon fresh herb is called for in the recipe, use one-half Tablespoon or one and a half teaspoons of dried herb.
On another note, all the gorgeous veggies on the platter in my photos for this post are from the weekly Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) box that Jake and I pick up from a local certified natural, which means no pesticides, synthetic materials, or genetically modified organisms, farm at a farmer’s market. Do you shop at a farmer’s market? If you do, what kind of foods and products do you buy? I would love to hear your stories!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #shalomhomestead.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 3 cups cooked and peeled chickpeas
- ¼ cup roasted and salted peanut butter (I used homemade)
- 1 small bunch fresh basil, about ¼ cup chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley, about 1 Tbsp chopped
- 1.5 tsp Greek oregano
- optional: water to thin, up to ½ cup
- Add all ingredients except water to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- After the hummus has formed, if water is needed to thin out the consistency, add water 2 Tbsp at a time, up to ½ cup.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator.