If you have ever read the ingredients list on the back of a store-bought nutella jar, it can be quite shocking, but the recipe for this oil free, vegan Nutella only uses five ingredients! All you need to make your own Nutella is hazelnuts, cacao nibs, salt, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract, and you might already have all of these ingredients!
Smooth, creamy, rich, and perfectly spread-able, this Nutella is delicious on toast, crackers, biscuits, pancakes, waffles, and more! Nutella is the perfect addition to any meal that you want to make taste like a dessert but still be super nutritious!
Chocolate and hazelnut is one of my favorite chocolate flavors, so, Nutella is definitely one of the nut butters that I make the most. In addition, I love the nutrition boost that I get from my homemade recipe because I know that the hazelnuts are packed full of magnesium, iron, and protein!
Also, if you would prefer a plain nut butter recipe, I have a raw, oil free Peanut Butter recipe on my blog!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #shalomhomestead.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 3 cups roasted hazelnuts, peeled
- 1 cup cacao nibs
- ½-3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Add the roasted hazelnuts and cacao nibs to a food processor and process until a smooth nut butter forms, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed.
- Once a smooth hazelnut butter has formed, add the vanilla extract, salt, and ½ cup of the coconut sugar and blend until smooth.
- Taste the nutella, and if you would like it sweeter, continue to add the coconut sugar, 1 Tbsp at a time, until the desired sweetness is reached.
- After the nutella is finished, pour the nutella into a glass jar and store at room temperature for a month or in the refrigerator for 3-4 months.
- *Note: the nutella will harden in the refrigerator, but simply remove from the fridge an hour before using or overnight to use in the morning.