It is the end of summertime, and the last ripe nectarines are available in stores– make this grain free and vegan Nectarine Gallete as soon as you can!
If you love pie crusts more than the actual pie filling, galletes might just become your new favorite dessert! Personally, pie filling is okay, but pie crust is the best. If you are not familiar with galletes, galletes are a fruit filled pastry very similar to a fruit pie, but the filling is thinner. Most often, the filling is simply fruit slices arranged in a pattern and sprinkled with sugar and cinnamon! Feel free to arrange the nectarine slices in this Nectarine Gallete however you would like!
Because this Nectarine Gallete recipe is vegan, grain free, and gluten free, the dough is going to act differently than a wheat flour dough. If the crust cracks while you are folding the edges, simply press back together and reshape!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #gwynclem.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 1 cup unblanched almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup cassava flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 4-6 Tbsp water
- 2 large nectarines, sliced
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- optional: 1-2 drops doTERRA Cassia essential oil or Cinnamon Bark essential oil
- Preheat the oven the 400˚F, and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together all the almond flour, coconut flour, cassava flour, 2 Tbsp coconut sugar, and salt.
- Using a small spatula, cut in the coconut oil and optional essential oil until the mixture is evenly crumbly.
- Next, very slowly add the water until a mold-able dough forms. You want the dough to be able to be rolled flat and have the edges folded towards the center of the gallete, about one inch.
- Once the dough is the desired consistency, spread/roll the dough into a large, 12 inch diameter circle with even edges.
- Leaving 1-1.5 inches all the way around the edge of the gallete, place the nectarine slices decoratively on the dough.
- Using a spatula, gently fold the dough edges in towards the nectarine slices to form the crust.
- Sprinkle the remaining sugar and the cinnamon over the nectarine slices.
- Bake 40-45 minutes until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool 30-45 minutes.
- Slice and serve!