Decadent, rich, and creamy Mocha Truffles are a delicious treat this holiday season! In addition, they are vegan, grain free, and oil free, and they are a perfect dessert for the beginning of Hanukkah this weekend because they taste like the dreamiest chocolate gelt that you have e.v.e.r. put in your mouth!
These Mocha Truffles are super simple to make! All you have to do it melt everything together, let it cool, and then shape into balls! Additionally, if you are prepared for the mess that would be created by melted chocolate, this would be a fun recipe to do with kids!
If you are as excited for Hanukkah as I am, you are already gathering recipes and activities for the eight day celebration, and I will be posting a Hanukkah Recipe Roundup to the blog on Monday! However, these Mocha Truffles will get you started on the festivities!
Happy Hanukkah, everyone!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #shalomhomestead.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- cream from 1 can full-fat, chilled coconut milk, or 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 Tbsp agave syrup or brown rice syrup
- 2 cups or 225g semi sweet chocolate
- 2 cups or 225g unsweetened chocolate
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp strong brewed coffee
- ½ cup cacao powder
- In a double boiler, warm the coconut cream and agave syrup together.
- When the cream mixture is just warm, add in the chocolate, stirring often, until melted.
- Once the chocolate has completely melted, turn off the heat and let the ganache cool for about five minutes.
- After five minutes, add in the vanilla and coffee and stir very well.
- Let the ganache cool for three hours.
- After three hours, spread a sheet of parchment paper and use a 1.5-2 Tbsp cookie scoop to divide the truffle cream into evenly sized balls.
- Next, roll all the truffles in the cacao powder to coat the outside.
- If you want to shape the truffles into smoother balls, cool the truffles in the refrigerator for five minutes before reshaping the truffles.
- Refrigerate until cold, about one hour or until desired.
- Truffles are best served room temperature, so when you are ready to serve the truffles, let them sit out for about one hour before serving.
- The Mocha Truffles will stay good in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks-- if they last that long!