High protein, lentil hemp patties have been a staple on the menu this past week because they are a great way to mix up the traditional beans and rice combination that I am certain almost everyone gets a bit tired of eating at some point in their lives. In addition, the lentil hemp patties are vegan, grain free, and oil free!
Also, with over seventeen grams of protein, twelve grams of fiber, and no sugar, these lentil hemp patties make an awesome nutritional boost to any meal!
Lately, Jake and I have been trying to dramatically increase our protein intake, and this high-protein recipe has been quite handy at adding variety to the menu. We have used these lentil hemp patties for burgers, sandwiches, lunch bowls, and wraps, and I am sure there are even more ways to use this versatile recipe! I always love feedback on my recipes, so comment and let me know what ideas you have and what meals you create using these lentil hemp patties!
A highlight of this recipe is that these lentil hemp patties require very little preparation! The food processor does all the chopping and mixing in a matter of seconds, and then, all that has to be done is divide the dough into balls, roll the balls in hemp hearts, flatten the balls into patties, bake, and serve!
The leftovers store beautifully in the refrigerator for over a week and in the freezer for two to three months and reheat well in the oven, so these patties are also a great meal prep option!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #shalomhomestead.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 1.25 cups cooked lentils
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup almond pulp from making almond milk or ½ cup almond flour
- ½ tsp ground paprika
- 1 tsp ground celery seed
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- ¼ cup tahini
- water, if needed to make the ingredients bind together
- optional: hemp hearts to roll patties in before baking
- Preheat the oven to 450˚F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until a thick, well mixed dough forms.
- If needed, add water 1 tbsp at a time until the ingredients bind together.
- Divide the dough into ½ cup portions, roll into balls, cover with hemp hearts, and place on the baking tray two to three inches apart. Makes eight to nine large patties.
- Once all the ball are on the baking tray, gently flatten into patties.
- Bake for twenty minutes, carefully flip the patties, and bake ten minutes more or until the edges of the patties are a golden brown.
- After the patties have finished baking, remove the tray from the oven and serve immediately!
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
The serving size and nutritional information are general estimates based upon the ingredient amounts.