This Kale Tahini Salad recipe is one of my favorite salads, and I make it several times a week because I love the combination of kale, tahini, basil, and cucumber! Due to the large size of the full recipe, this Kale Tahini Salad can be a full meal and single-serving, or the recipe can be divided into halves or fourths to pair the salad with additional foods like soups or sandwiches.
Additionally, I love to make this Kale Tahini Salad when I need a quick meal because I know that I will be getting a great source of protein, fiber, and fat from this meal!
If this tahini salad dressing becomes a favorite of yours, like it is for me, you can easily make batches of this dressing ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator for an even quicker preparation time!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #shalomhomestead.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 1 large bunch of kale, de-stemmed and chopped, about 10 cups
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp flax seed oil or olive oil
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp hemp hearts
- Prepare the kale by de-stemming and chopping the leaves, and place the chopped kale into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, flax seed oil, and tahini.
- Then, pour the salad dressing over the kale and massage the dressing into the kale until the kale begins to soften.
- Divide the salad into two bowls and split the remaining ingredients: the cucumber, fresh basil, and hemp hearts, between the two bowls.
- Gently toss to mix the salad together and serve!