I have exciting news to share today: I am now a Wellness Advocate for the essential oils company, dōTERRA®!
In the past few years, my interest in healthier lifestyle options has grown tremendously! Due to personal health issues combined with a desire for a more natural lifestyle, my husband, Jake, and I have slowly changed our diet, our household cleaners, our personal care products, our clothing, etc from the standard American lifestyle, to eating organically, using non-toxic cleaners, using homemade or all-natural, organic personal care products, and wearing fair-trade or organic clothing.
Additionally, when I finished my undergraduate degree in Exercise Science in 2016, I enrolled in an herbalism certification course, and I have been studying Ayurveda, Traditional Chinese Medicine, and Western Herbalism the past two years. I chose this topic of study because, through my own health journey, I believed that plants and food have the amazing capacity to heal our bodies from the inside out, and I wanted to learn as much as I could in order to be able to share this information with my friends, family, blog readers, Instagram following, and more!
During this process of changing our lifestyle, Jake and I also learned about essential oils and how they can be used for therapeutic benefits, to make household cleaners, and incorporated into personal care products! However, we used them more sporadically as a quick-fix rather than as a preventive care lifestyle choice. For example, if either of us had a headache, we would grab the peppermint essential oil, or if we had a cut, scrape, pimple, or infection, we would apply tea tree or Melaleuca essential oil.
Then, a couple months ago, I started seeing people who inspired me talking about their essential oils journey with dōTERRA®, and I was interested for several reasons.
- I loved seeing how inspired they were to share about a product that they were using and incorporating into their daily lives.
- I was impressed by their passion for educating people about essential oils, even if those people did not specifically use dōTERRA®.
- I was excited to learn that buying essential oils from dōTERRA® did not mean that a person was required to then work with dōTERRA®. In short, a customer can receive the membership discount without having to promote the product or sell any amount of product themselves!
- I thought the Loyalty Rewards Program (LRP) was a great incentive that enabled people to have the ability to earn free shipping, free products, and more.
- I was thrilled that dōTERRA® was focused on empowering people to take control of their own health through a natural and affordable method of care.
In a huge leap of faith, hardly knowing what I was doing, I messaged a lady about how I could get started in this business! Within a few hours, I was enrolled as Wellness Advocate and getting excited about sharing this new part of my life with all of you!
Because I was already a firm believer in the power of food and plants as medicine, becoming a Wellness Advocate for dōTERRA® seemed like a great opportunity to share this belief with other people and to support them in their health goals. While I do believe that Western Medicine has its place, especially in acute or emergency medical care, I think that essential oils, herbs, and food have the power to change our health in dramatic ways.
If you are interested in learning more, you can use this link to view my dōTERRA® webpage, which has a “contact me” option, or you can message me at email@example.com! If my website asks for an enroller identification number when you begin the checkout process, please use #7283806!
As always, please, ask me any and all questions! I would be thrilled to talk to you about dōTERRA® essential oils!
I would love to see your thoughts on this post, so please comment or ask any questions! In addition, if you were inspired to put a picture on Instagram because of this post, tag me at #shalomhomestead!
Best wishes and shalom, friends!