Grain Free Crackers are one of my favorite snacks to make! The flavor of these Grain Free Crackers is easily customized according to preference, and the finished crackers are crispy and perfect for scooping a dip, eating with cheese, or snacking on plain!
Additionally, these Grain Free Crackers are gluten free, soy free, corn free, and oil free!
Although the recipe suggests using safe-to-ingest doTERRA essential oils like Summer Savory, Basil, Oregano, or Rosemary to flavor the crackers, finely chopped fresh or dried herbs can be substituted into the recipe instead! Also, if a saltier cracker is desired, flaked sea salt can be sprinkled on top of the Grain Free Cracker dough before baking.
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #shalomhomestead.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- ½ cup potato starch
- ½ cup cassava flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp ground psyllium husk
- 7-8 drops doTERRA essential oil: Summer Savory, Basil, Oregano, etc
- ¾-1 cup water
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- Next, add the doTERRA essential oil drops of choice and mix again.
- Then, adding a little water at a time, slowly mixing until a consistent dough forms.
- Cover the bowl and chill in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F and prepare two sheets of parchment paper large enough for rolling out the crackers.
- Shape the dough into a disk, place on one sheet of the parchment paper, and cover with the second sheet of parchment paper.
- Roll the cracker dough out in to a rectangle of even thickness of about ⅛ inch.
- Remove the top sheet of parchment paper and score into crackers.
- Slide the parchment sheet with the cracker dough onto a baking tray and place in the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes, flip the parchment and crackers over on the baking tray, and peel the parchment paper off.
- Bake the crackers an additional 15 minutes or until desired crispiness.
- Cool the finished crackers on a cooling rack or serve immediately.
- Store any leftovers in a bread box or airtight container.