Need a quick Gluten Free Vegan Brownie Recipe? This recipe uses the Simple Mills Brownie Mix that is already gluten free and grain free, but this recipe make the brownies vegan too!
The three ingredients to add to the brownie mix that are listed on the back of the box are the following: oil, water, and eggs. In order to make the recipe vegan, I substituted walnut oil for vegetable oil, Namaste “eggs” for regular eggs, and used a bit more water because the Namaste “eggs” use water to create the egg replacer. For the chocolate chips, any chocolate chips can be used, but I was trying to keep the recipe lower in sugar. I used Pascha semi-sweet baking chips, but Lakanto monk fruit-sweetened chocolate chips would be a good option too.
Additionally, if you want to use doTERRA essential oils to change up the flavor of the brownies, Copaiba, Peppermint, or Wild Orange essential oils can be used as the recipe instructions suggest! However, if you do not have doTERRA essential oils, please do not add the essential oils to the recipe. doTERRA has extremely high purity standards; therefore, I can only recommend the internal usage of doTERRA essential oils.
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #gwynnieclemons.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 1 box Simple Mills Brownie Mix
- ½ cup walnut oil (avocado or melted coconut oil can be substituted)
- 3 Tbsp water
- 2 Namaste "eggs" (found on Amazon, can try other egg replacers)
- ½ cup Pascha or Lakanto Chocolate Chips
- optional: 2 drops doTERRA Copaiba, Wild Orange, or Peppermint essential oil to flavor the brownies
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and prepare a 8"x8" square baking dish. I used a square glass casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, prepare the Namaste "eggs" and set aside.
- Next, add the Simple Mills Brownie Mix to a large bowl.
- Using a rubber spatula, stir in the walnut oil, water, and Namaste eggs until well combine. If using doTERRE essential oils, add them now too.
- Then, add the chocolate chips and stir briefly to distribute.
- Pour the brownie mix into the pan, smooth the top, and place in the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes, more time for more cake-like brownies and less time for fudge-like brownies. The brownies are done when the edges look slightly crisp and the brownies look firm in the center, Due to the dark color of the brownies, relying on the "edges turning golden brown" cannot be relied upon.
- Once the brownies have finished baking, remove from the oven and cool completely before slicing.
- Store leftovers in a covered dish for 1-2 days or in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Please, only use doTERRA essential oils internally because they are the only essential oil company with Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade (CPTG) quality!