Quick, high protein breakfasts happen often in my home because Jake and I wake up on-the-go most mornings, and gluten free muesli is perfect for the mornings we are rushed and need a satisfying but simple breakfast!
This vegan, raw, oil free, and gluten free muesli will keep you full and energized all morning because my recipe for gluten free muesli is packed with protein and fiber– with over sixteen grams of protein and ten grams of fiber per serving!
Additionally, this gluten free muesli mix can be easily stored in an airtight container in the cupboard so that it is readily available to be made, or if you need four servings immediately, the dry gluten free muesli mix comes together in less than five minutes!
While this gluten free muesli dry mix is simple to prepare because the dry ingredients only need to be mixed together fully before being used, there are actually three variations for preparing the recipe depending on your texture preferences and available preparation time. In addition, two tablespoons to one-fourth cup of vegan yogurt can be added to all three variations for extra creaminess. However, if you decide to use the second variation and cook the muesli on the stove top, add the yogurt after cooking so that the probiotics in the yogurt are preserved.
Variation 1: Cold Muesli
First if you prefer a crunchy, cold, cereal-like muesli, pour one-half cup of chilled water or plant-based milk over a three-fourth cup (one serving) of muesli and serve!
Variation 2: Cooked Muesli
Second, this is my favorite variation, for a warm, oatmeal-like muesli, pour one-half cup of hot water or plant-based milk over one serving (three-fourth cup dry mix) of the muesli and let sit for five minutes, or cook in a saucepan on the stove until the muesli reaches the desired creaminess. Because cooking the gluten free muesli will thicken the mixture considerably, depending on your texture preference, you may need to add additional water or milk, up to one whole cup.
Variation 3: Overnight Muesli
Third, if you want a quick breakfast similar to overnight oats, in a seal-able container such as a pint jar, stir together one serving of the muesli and one-half cup water or milk. Then, screw a top on the jar and leave in the fridge overnight. Grab on-the-go in the morning!
Bonus tip: The prepared jars of overnight muesli are good in the fridge for up to a week!
The gluten free muesli mix can also be made into muffins for an additional quick snack or breakfast, and that recipe will be coming to the blog next week!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #shalomhomestead.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 3 cups gluten free rolled oats
- ⅛ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- ⅛ cup chia seeds
- ⅛ cup hemp hearts
- ⅛ cup flaxseeds
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp salt
- *Preparing muesli: ½ cup cold or hot water/plant-based milk (depending on the texture of the muesli you want) and optional, ⅛-1/4 cup vegan yogurt for creaminess.**
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Store in an air-tight container like a quart mason jar.
- When you are ready to eat the muesli, there are three variations:
- First, for a crunchy, cereal-like muesli, pour ½ cup cold water or plant-based milk over ¾ cup of muesli and serve! Optional: stir in the vegan yogurt for creaminess.
- Second, for a warm, oatmeal-like muesli, pour ½ cup hot water or plant-based milk over the muesli and let sit for five minutes, or cook in a saucepan on the stove until the muesli reaches the desired creaminess. Optional: top with vegan yogurt after cooking for extra creaminess.
- Third, for a quick breakfast similar to overnight oats, in a seal-able container such as a pint jar, stir together the muesli and water or milk. Then, screw a top on the jar and leave in the fridge overnight. Grab on-the-go in the morning! Again, optional: stir in vegan yogurt for extra thickness!
- The prepared jars of overnight muesli are good in the fridge for up to a week!
**Nutrition facts are calculated without using vegan yogurt or plant-based milk.
The serving size and nutritional information are general estimates based upon the ingredient amounts.