If you are looking for a quick and Easy Cashew Cheese recipe, this recipe comes together in moments in a blender, and this Easy Cashew Cheese recipe is super versatile. The Easy Cashew Cheese can be formed into a cheese ball, used to make a sauce for mac and cheese, added to wraps and sandwiches, spread on toast, used to top a pizza, and so much more! This recipe will soon become a staple in your house so that you can quickly and easily make cheesy vegan recipes!
When you are blending the cashew mixture smooth, I would recommend blending longer than you initially think so that the cheese becomes extra smooth. While the cheese still tastes delicious when not fully the blended. Sometimes, texture can make a big difference in a recipe!
Additionally, try adding doTERRA essential oils to the Easy Cashew Cheese to make different flavors! Black Pepper, Rosemary, Oregano, and Thyme are all great choices!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #gwynnieclemons.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight in the fridge
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ¼-1/2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½-3/4 cup water, to consistency
- optional: 1-2 drops doTERRA essential oils like Black Pepper, Oregano, or Rosemary
- Add all the ingredients, starting with ½ cup water, to a high-speed blender or a food processor.
- Blend until smooth, topping occasionally to scrape down the sides of the blender/food processor bowl.
- If you would like the cheese to be a thinner consistency, add more water. However, do know that the cheese will thicken as it chills in the fridge. The cheese is done blending when it is smooth and no longer gritty in texture from the unblended cashews.
- Once smooth, use immediately to make a cheese sauce, top a pizza, or add to a wrap, or transfer the cheese to an airtight container and chill for at least 2 hours before shaping into a cheese ball or in cold dishes.
Please, only use doTERRA essential oils internally because they are the only essential oil company with Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade (CPTG) quality!