Decadent and rich, this vegan and gluten free Double Chocolate Oreo Pie will quickly become a highly requested dessert! In addition, the recipe only uses three ingredients and takes a very short time to make.
When I was younger, my mom made a version of this pie for my birthday, and it became my absolute favorite dessert flavor. However, when I had to begin eating vegan and gluten free foods, I was not sure that I would ever have an Oreo cookie again. Then, I discovered Glutino Chocolate Vanilla Creme Cookies, which are vegan and gluten free, and I was super excited to be able to make this Double Chocolate Oreo Pie again.
Yet, I still had a problem. For a very long time, I did not know about any vegan Chocolate Instant Pudding options, and the thought of making chocolate pudding from scratch made this pie recipe seem like too much of an endeavor because the texture of instant pudding is hard to recreate. Then, I found the brand, Simpy Delish, and they offer a great instant chocolate pudding option!
This Double Chocolate Oreo Pie is an incredible treat, and I am so excited to bring you this recipe!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #gwynnieclemons.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 2 (1.7oz) boxes Simply Delish Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 2 (10.5oz) packages of glutino gluten free Chocolate Vanilla Creme Cookies
- 2 cups plant milk
- 2-4 Tbsp of water
- In a blender, crush 2 packets of cookies to form a graham cracker style crust. Remove ⅓ of the crushed cookies while the pieces are a little larger to add to the chocolate pudding. Then, continue crushing the cookies until a dough forms, adding water 1 Tbsp at a time as needed.
- In a cheesecake pan lined on the bottom with parchment paper, press the finely crushed ⅔ of the cookies into the bottom of the pan to form the crust.
- Next, prepare the instant pudding according to the instructions.
- Once made, stir in the remaining ⅓ of crushed cookie pieces and spoon the pudding and cookie mixture onto the crushed cookie crust, smoothing the top.
- Freeze until hard, 2-3 hours.
- Slice and serve!
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.