Combining chocolate and roasted nut butter in one dessert means that these Double Chocolate Almond Brownie Bites are decadent, creamy, and rich, and if you love chocolate covered nuts or Reeses’ Pieces, then these brownies are the perfect dessert for you!
In addition, these Double Chocolate Almond Brownie Bites are vegan, grain free, and oil free, and if you need the brownies nut free as well, sunflower seed butter can easily be substituted for almond butter!
Reminiscent of Buckeye Cookies, these Double Chocolate Almond Brownie Bites combine two recipes that are already on the blog: Roasted Almond Bites and Grain Free Sourdough Brownies! However, any brownie recipe can be used if you do not have a sourdough starter. If you use a different brownie recipe, either substitute another grain free recipe or remember that the recipe may no longer be grain free for anyone who has that particular dietary need. Additionally, the Roasted Almond Bites recipe will make more cookies than the brownie recipe will use, so anyone who needs a grain free dessert could eat the remaining cookies if the brownie recipe is no longer grain free!
Even though these Double Chocolate Almond Brownie Bites take a bit of time to make because the Roasted Almond Bites have to be made first, the entire process, from the beginning of the Roasted Almond Bites to the Double Chocolate Almond Brownie Bites, can be completed in an hour! Also, if you do not have enough time to make the entire recipe at once, the Roasted Almond Bites can be made earlier in the day or even the day before.
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #shalomhomestead.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 1 recipe of my Grain Free Sourdough Brownies (see link in the post above!)
- 1 recipe of my Roasted Almond Bites (see link in the post above!)
- optional: Enjoy Life Foods mini chocolate chips for sprinking
- First, make the Roasted Almond Bites according to the directions* and let the cookies cool while making the Sourdough Brownie batter. There will be extra Roasted Almond Bite Cookies, and I usually serve them with the Almond Brownie Bites to give two different cookie options!
- Next, make the Sourdough Brownie Batter and divide the batter between 12 muffin cups.
- Place one Roasted Almond Bite cookie in the center of each muffin cup with brownie batter.
- Sprinkle the brownie batter edges with the Enjoy Life Foods mini chocolate chips, and place the muffin tin in the oven.
- Bake the Almond Brownie Bites for 15 minutes at 400˚F or until the edges are set.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place on a cooling rack to cool for 10 minutes.
- Once the Almond Brownie Bites have cooled enough to remove from the pan, serve immediately or cool completely and store in an airtight container.
The serving size and nutritional information are general estimates based upon the ingredient amounts.