Thanksgiving is almost here, and if you have been searching for a vegan, gluten free, and grain free Classic Pumpkin Pie, this is the recipe for you! Additionally, this recipe is soy free, corn free, and sugar free!
While the Pumpkin Pie can be served warm from the oven, it has the best flavor after it has been chilled in the refrigerator, so if you have the time, I recommend preparing the Pumpkin Pie several hours, or days, before serving!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #gwynnieclemons.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 1.5 cups blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- pinch salt
- 2 Namaste eggs
- ¼ cup cold Melt brand vegan butter
- 1 (15oz) can pumpkin puree
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Namaste eggs
- 1 Tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground clove
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- 3-4 Tbsp Swerve granulated sugar
- optional: 1 drop each of doTERRA Cassia, Clove, and Ginger essential oils
- First, prepare the Namaste eggs and set to the side to thicken.
- Next, in a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, and salt.
- Using a pastry cutter or a fork, cut the butter into the flour mixture until the flour has a uniform, crumbly texture.
- With a spatula, stir in the Namaste eggs. A thick, shape-able dough should form, but if it is too dry to stick together, very slowly, add in 1 Tbsp cold water until the dough hold its shape when formed into a large ball.
- On a large piece pf parchment paper, shape the dough into a large disk almost as big as the pie plate, cover, and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Remove the chilled crust from the refrigerator, place in the pie pan, press to fit, and shape the edges as desired.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes.
- Next, prepare the pie filling while the crust is baking.
- Mix together the Namaste eggs and set aside while gathering the other ingredients.
- Add all filling ingredients to a blender, pouring in the Namaste eggs last so that they have time to thicken, and blend until completely smooth.
- When the crust has finished baking, immediately pour the filling into the crust, return the pie to the oven, and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove the pie from the oven and cool before serving.
- The pie is best served cold from the refrigerator with vegan whipped cream!
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
Please, only use doTERRA essential oils internally because they are the only essential oil company with Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade (CPTG) quality!