If you don’t know by now…. I have a serious cinnamon addiction. Really. I purchase my ground cinnamon by the pound.
“Anything and everything cinnamon and don’t measure it!” could definitely be my baking motto.
The smell of warm cinnamon in oatmeal, cookies, cakes, ice creams, sweet rolls, pies, and breads wins my heart every single time.
This granola has a super dose of cinnamon because I love the flavor so much, but feel free to lower or increase the suggested amount as desired.
Since I never measure my cinnamon when I add it it to the dry ingredients of this recipe, I probably add even more than the high end of the suggested amount. If you like cinnamon, but are not a fan of the strong, bold taste, I would recommend only using a tablespoon.
When I first began gathering ingredients for this recipe, my goal was to create a granola that would be delicious on its own, and I think I succeeded! The oats, hemp seeds, flax seeds, Himalayan salt, and ground cinnamon form the perfect crumble when covered in the maple syrup, coconut, and vanilla extract mixture.
If you have not tried the amazing flavor combination of maple syrup, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract, you are in for a treat. The flavors of the three ingredients blend together very well!
Remember: the coconut sugar should be dissolved and melted into the maple syrup and vanilla extract! You do not want to see any grain-y sugar pieces in your final syrup mixture.
Look at the caramel stream of the syrup mixture….PERFECTION.
The oats, hemp seeds, flax seeds, Himalayan salt, and ground cinnamon form the perfect crumble when covered in the maple syrup, coconut, and vanilla extract mixture.
If you stir the granola carefully, trying to leave it a little clumpy, then the finished granola will have formed clusters perfect for snacking! However if you want a finely crumbled granola to top yogurt, muffins, or breads, then you can easily crumble any clusters with your hands.
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #shalomhomestead.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 2 cups rolled oats (gluten free if needed)
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup flax seeds
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt
- 1-2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300˚F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together rolled oats, hemp seeds, flax seeds, Himalayan salt, and ground cinnamon.
- In a small saucepan, heat maple syrup, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract on low-medium heat until the coconut sugar has fully melted.
- Pour the syrup mixture over the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spread evenly on the pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the granola 15 minutes and then remove from the oven, stir with a cookie spatula, and place the baking pan back in the oven rotated 180˚ to bake another 15 minutes or until desired crispness.*
- Set the baking pan and granola aside to cool. The granola will harden as it cools down.
- Once the granola is completely cooled, it can be stored in an airtight container.
- Serve with dairy-free milk or yogurt and dried or fresh fruit!
**The serving size and nutritional information are general estimates based upon the ingredients amounts.