If you are needing a quick, decadent dessert, this vegan Chocolate Mousse with Orange Cream will be perfect! The Chocolate Mousse and the Orange Cream can both be made separately or served together because each flavor is super delicious!
When making the Chocolate Mousse, be extremely careful of the temperatures of the ingredients. If the chocolate is too hot while the coconut cream is too cold, the Chocolate Mousse texture will be grainy. If both the chocolate and coconut mixtures are room temperature before blending, the final mousse texture will be airy and light! It is certainly worth the wait to let the ingredients reach room temperature.
The Orange Cream is a version of banana ice cream, also referred to as “nice cream, ” and its final consistency will be like soft serve ice cream! I used doTERRA Tangerine essential oil for the orange flavoring, but orange extract or orange peel zest will also add a lovely flavor.
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #gwynnieclemons.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- Chocolate Mousse:
- 130g, about 1 cup unsweetened chocolate Pascha baking chips
- 3-4 Tbsp Swerve granulated sugar
- 2 cans chilled full-fat coconut milk, cream from the top, about 2 cups
- Orange Cream:
- 1.5-2 frozen bananas
- ½ cup sweet potato puree
- 3-4 drops doTERRA Tangerine essential oil
- First, scoop the coconut cream into the blender so that it comes to room temperature.
- In a small saucepan or double boiler, gently melt the chocolate.
- Once the chocolate has fully melted, stir in the Swerve sweetener to taste.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, and let the mixture cool completely to room temperature.
- After the chocolate and coconut cream are both room temperature, blend together on high-speed to make the chocolate mousse. NOTE: if the cream is still cold and the chocolate still warm, the mousse will be grainy. Be careful!
- After the mousse has finished, divide into 2-4 containers, depending on the desired serving portion, and chill in the refrigerator until ready to top with the Orange Cream and serve.
- The chocolate mousse can stay in the fridge for several hours before topping with the orange cream
- To make the Orange Cream, blend the bananas, sweet potato puree, and doTERRA Tangerine essential oil together to make a soft-serve consistency.
- Spoon the Orange Cream on top of the Chocolate Mousse, sprinkle with cacao nibs, and serve imeediately!
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Please, only use doTERRA essential oils internally because they are the only essential oil company with Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade (CPTG) quality!