Chocolate Covered Matzah is a classic Passover dessert, and this recipe is grain free, vegan, gluten free, and nut free! Additionally, this Chocolate Covered Matzah can be made into multiple different variations such as salted chocolate, nut covered, fruit covered, and so much more!
For this recipe, I used the doTERRA immune support blend, On Guard, to give the chocolate a subtle citrus and cinnamon flavor reminiscent of this candy, but feel free to make any variation of this recipe that you would like! It can even be made as simple as only coating matzah in chocolate!
Happy Passover, friends, and may your celebration be joyous!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #shalomhomestead.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 2 pieces of store-bought or homemade matzoh, gluten free if needed
- ½ cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- 10 drops doTERRA On Guard essential oil
- *optional toppings: salt, shredded coconut, dried cranberries, nuts
- If you are making your matzoh instead of buying matzoh, prepare ahead of time and let cool.
- Line a baking sheet that will fit in your refrigerator or freezer with parchment paper and place the matzoh on top.
- In a small double boiler, slowly melt the chocolate until completely smooth.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the On Guard essential oil.
- Divide the chocolate between the matzoh and spread evenly to coat.
- Top with whichever toppings you desire or leave plain and place in the refrigerator or freezer to harden.
- Once the chocolate has set, break apart the matzoh into pieces for serving!
- Store in the refrigerator for best results.
The serving size and nutritional information are general estimates based upon the ingredient amounts.